Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Extra Credit

I'm offering extra credit to my class for participating in this blog. I just invited them yesterday, so we'll see how participation goes.

To set up a class blog, I felt I had to do some things a bit differently. First, I established a new ID for myself so they can't see my personal and family blog. I want to be able to freely post my experiences here on Roblogs and not have my students fish around. Second, I had to set up some ground rules for posting to a community blog. I restricted offensive language, gave them a warning about visiting other blogs, and made it a requirement to post regularly.

I'm a mean teacher.

My seventh period class is well-behaved, small, and bright. With that in mind, I thought the experiment would be possible. In the future, I might invite kids who are gifted, but not motivated to be in an honors class. That way, there can be a good side conversation going on out there.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Are you interested in the occasional post or comment by an outsider, or are you limiting it to your students only?

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Rob said...

So far I'm probably only inviting their comments, but may consider opening it up a bit later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home