News
Wanted to pass along the good news...I was accepted into the ASNE Institute at Cal-Berkeley June 5 - 17!!!
The ASNE (American Society of Newspaper Editors) holds an institute for newspaper class advisors during the summer. Since I am a co-advisor to the class (and may actually take over this fall), I applied. They chose 35 to attend out of 300 applicants and apparently my hard-luck, "we have the worst school newspaper in the state" strategy worked.
Over the course of the 12 days in California, I will participate in workshops, seminars, and projects related to running a high school newsroom effectively. They will send me away with subscriptions to a boatload of magazines, style-books, online access (free hosting space for an online edition of our school newspaper), and graduate credit. The best part? They pay for transportation, meals, lodging, tuition for the credit -- everything!
Anyway, I'm excited. This will be good for the school and may even factor into my eventual master's degree.
Cheerio!

3 Comments:
congratulatins! now to plan my twelve day vacation with Dawn....
I'm going to celebrate this with a trip to the Orient.
Rob - I'm so excited for you! I'm also glad it will be ending before the family campout.... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home